Baird Law has extensive experience in complex construction matters throughout Florida and the United States. We represent parties engaged in all aspects of the design and construction process including engineers, architects, contractors and subcontractors, material suppliers, construction managers, owners, distributors, and manufacturers.
Over the past 20 years, we have resolved hundreds of disputes in the construction arena, including design professional errors and omissions claims, complex construction defect disputes, construction liens, schedule and delay claims, property damage and remediation, bid protests, groundwater contamination, asbestos abatement, fire damage and associated cause and origin analysis, mold, indoor air quality, various environmental exposures, and bodily injury and wrongful death claims relating to construction projects.
Our experience in complex construction disputes runs the gamut of projects, including hotels, roads and bridges, power plants, water and wastewater projects and treatment plants, resorts, condominiums and apartments, hospitals, office buildings, manufacturing facilities, and shopping centers.
We have successfully resolved everything from a simple payment dispute to nine-figure claims on massive and complex projects for our clients. We offer a full complement of services for our construction clients ranging from a single phone call to multi-party lawsuits involving tens of millions of dollars and vast amounts data and files.
List of Representative Construction Projects
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel – Miami, FL
- Westin Diplomat Resort and Hotel – Hollywood, FL
- Hilton Austin – Austin, TX
- Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies – Orlando, FL
- W Hotel Lobby Improvements – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Ritz Carlton/JW Marriott – Orlando, FL
- Fontainebleau Resort – Las Vegas, NV
- Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts – Miami, FL
- Phillips Center for the Performing Arts – Orlando, FL
- Miami-Dade College parking garage collapse – Miami, FL
- PortMiami Deep Dredge Project – Miami, FL
- Tampa Bay Seawater Desalination Plant – Apollo Beach, FL
- City of North Miami Beach Water Treatment Plant – Miami Beach, FL
- Oak Ridge High School Replacement Project – Orlando, FL
- Ocean Vistas Condominium Tower – Daytona Beach, FL
- Marina Grande Condominium Tower – West Palm Beach, FL
- Cinnamon Beach Condominiums – Palm Coast, FL
- Goings residence – Isleworth, Windermere, FL
- Water and Wastewater Replacement Project – Town of Golden Beach, FL
- DeSoto County Water and Wastewater Improvement Project – Arcadia, FL
- Port Everglades Parking Garage – Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- United Airlines World Headquarters fire – Chicago, IL
- Fiesta BBQ Manufacturing Facility – Dickson, TN
- Turkey Creek Dredging Project – St. Johns County, FL
- Manatee Creek Dredging Project – Stuart, FL
- Southern Wine & Spirits Distribution Facility – Lakeland, FL
- The Body Club fitness facility and spa – Orlando, FL
- Fore Ranch residential community – Ocala, FL
- Riverwood Condominium – Jacksonville, FL
- Old Town Villages Condominium – St. Augustine, FL
- Vista Trace Condominium – Hialeah, FL
- The Wave Condominium – New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Hillsborough West Park Apartments – Tampa, FL
- Florida Gas/U.S. Pipeline gas pipeline project – gulf coast of Florida
- Town of Lake Park Marina – Town of Lake Park, FL
- Large Diameter Auger Soil Mixing, Air, Steam, and Zero Valent Iron Injection Cape Canaveral, FL
- Ariel Condominium Tower structural space frame – Ft. Myers, FL
- Cogeneration power plants in CA and TX
- Hathaway Bridge – Panama City, FL
- Frost Museum of Science – Miami, FL
- FIU Signature Pedestrian Bridge collapse – Sweetwater, FL
- Walker’s Cay 2020 – Bahamas
- The Phillip and Patricia Frost Museum of Science – Miami, FL
- Hard Rock Stadium – Miami, FL
- I-75 Express Lanes project – Broward and Miami-Dade County, FL
- I-4 Ultimate project – Orange and Seminole County, FL
- Numerous bodily injury/wrongful death claims relating to design and construction of roadway projects – various venues throughout Florida
Reported Appellate Decisions
- Trytek v. Gale Industries, Inc., 3 So.3d 1194 – lead counsel before Florida Supreme Court in the seminal case concerning the award of prevailing party attorney’s fees in lien foreclosure actions.
- Diplomat Properties, LP v. Tecnoglass, LLC, 114 So.3d 357 – lead counsel in appellate opinion which crystallized the fault-based nature of third-party claims for common law indemnity.
- Southern Atlantic Companies, LLC v. Wharton-Smith, Inc., 192 So.3d 69 – lead counsel in trial and appellate proceeding which affirmed the trial court’s entry of summary judgment on adversary’s claims for fraud and tortious interference.